[Users] Another reason I use openvz

Paulo Coghi - Coghi IT paulocoghi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 13:04:56 MSK 2023

I agree 100% with everything both of you stated, and I can't explain what
happened in the past that set such an image on OpenVZ.

>From a technical point of view, OpenVZ is both more secure [1], stable and
even slightly faster and lightweight than LXC [2].

But I would like your opinion about a paradox I'm living now: would another
open source server virtualization platform be helpful to the project and to
Virtuozzo, by providing more exposure (being exclusively based on OpenVZ
and MIT licensed), or would it be harmful to Virtuozzo, because of
(possible) "draining" of commercial customers?

I believe I'm ready to start such a project, but last time I asked the
Virtuozzo team, I didn't receive any response about this topic in
particular, and I really appreciate the feedback from you.

If both Virtuozzo and you, the community, agree that this would help give
more life and exposure to OpenVZ (and Virtuozzo), I am fully interested in
starting it.

Paulo Coghi

[1]
https://security.stackexchange.com/questions/80532/security-of-lxc-compared-to-openvz