[Users] Another reason I use openvz

jjs - mainphrame jjs at mainphrame.com
Fri Apr 21 18:59:34 MSK 2023

Paulo & Jehan,

Agree with everything you said. I would love to see more openvz-based
solutions, and competition could not hurt.

I think proxmox would have stayed with openvz, but it's Debian based.

Openvz used to be in the debian repos and worked well. But after the
focus of openvz was narrowed to Red Hat, and support for Debian was
stopped, proxmox had no choice but to settle for lxc.

The one killer feature of proxmox is the excellent web management
interface. If openvz had something of the same sort, there would be no
contest between the two.

Jake