[Users] Status of OVZ 8 & 9

jjs - mainphrame jjs at mainphrame.com
Mon Dec 12 00:25:34 MSK 2022

Yes, this is my concern.

As we move forward, we are always evaluating what are the safest bets, and
while I've favored openvz/virtuozzo since 2011, alternatives such as
proxmox are looking increasingly viable, given the fact that openvz
development appears to be stagnant.

At present, openvz has features that are superior to those in proxmox, if
they exist at all. Hopefully that lead won't be squandered.

As I've mentioned before, my personal use of openvz led directly to the
adoption of virtuozzo for our Linux infrastructure at a previous large
employer, and I'd hate to see the free version wither away into
irrelevance.

Jake

Jake