[Users] How OVZ community treats Vz7

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Tue May 30 07:51:09 PDT 2017

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> How do you perceive Virtuozzo VMs vs others (Oracle or KVM VMs) ?

VMs in VZ7 *ARE* KVM VMs... so I wouldn't expect them to be any different from other KVM VMs... unless of course you are using the commercial storage product that is part of Virtuozzo 7.  I don't have any familiarity with that.

> How do you perceive Virtuozzo Containers vs others (Oracle
> containers, Docker containers, etc) ?

VZ7 containers are system containers (full Linux distro and init system) and a lot different from Docker application containers.  I'm not familiar with Oracle containers so can't contrast them.  I've used LXC a little bit... and they are similar except for the fact that VZ7's security makes having root users in containers no big deal (from a security stand point).  LXC, I'm not so sure about.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street