[Users] How OVZ community treats Vz7

Jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Tue May 30 08:18:00 PDT 2017

Le 30/05/2017 à 10:46, Vasily Averin a écrit :
> Dear OpenVZ users,
>
> could you please share your feedback on Vz7?
>
> How do you perceive Virtuozzo VMs vs others (Oracle or KVM VMs) ?
I appreciate the use of prlctl to list and manage  my VM and CT in one
single tool
as a OpenVz7 admin, I am missing live backup/snapshot of my KVMs , I
know it is available commercialy through virtuozzo7 though ...
aside virtuozzo OS I also use KVM on traditional centos 7 distrib, but I
really appreciate the mixe of KVM and CT on a single host provided by OVz7
the 3 mounths wait for kernel updates can also be an issue, but again I
understand it is a way to drive us to the commercial version .

> How do you perceive Virtuozzo Containers vs others (Oracle containers, Docker containers, etc) ?
I don't use/know Oracle containers, neither LXC , regarding Dockers for
me it is a different concept, not a full VM  but an application
container dedicated to a specific and temporal job
We use OVz7 Containers[CT] as complete servers environonement with IP,
firewall, local account, kind of a full VM for long term services but
with very low hardware footprint .
we were and still use OpenVZ6 CT and need them to migrate a "RHEL 7"
base host provided by virtuozzo 7