[Users] How OVZ community treats Vz7

Gena Makhomed gmm at csdoc.com
Sun Jun 11 21:46:57 MSK 2017

On 30.05.2017 11:46, Vasily Averin wrote:

> Dear OpenVZ users,
>
> could you please share your feedback on Vz7?

Not usable for production, because regular updates is absent.

> How do you perceive Virtuozzo VMs vs others (Oracle or KVM VMs) ?

KVM and Docker is free and stable alternative with regular updates.

> How do you perceive Virtuozzo Containers vs others (Oracle containers, Docker containers, etc) ?

OpenVZ based on CentOS 6 kernel is simply the best Containers solution.

But in future (after CentOS/OpenVZ 6 EOL) we plan migrate to
KVM(qemu-kvm-ev)+ZFS(zvol) and Docker inside VMs.

free Vz7 is not usable, paid Vz7 is not usable too - price of Vz7 is
unknown (probably this is top secret information).

second reason - I don't know how to install (free/paid) Vz7 from iso to
Hetzner.de server PX121 *via Debian-based rescue system* - it is not
possible, as far I know, so Vz7 is not usable with Hetzner servers.

--
Best regards,
  Gena