[Users] Performance degradation on 042stab113.X

Gena Makhomed gmm at csdoc.com
Tue Mar 29 12:35:30 PDT 2016

On 29.03.2016 21:03, Karl Johnson wrote:

> Every weekend I do backups of all CT which take a lot of IO. It didn't
> affect much load average before 108 but as soon as I upgraded to 113, load
> got very high and nodes became sluggish during backups. It might be
> something else but I was looking for feedback if someone else had the same
> issue. I will continue to troubleshoot this issue. Meanwhile, I will
> upgrade them from 113.12 to 113.21 and see how it goes even if there's
> nothing related to this in the changelog.

See smartctl - temperature of HDDs and seek/read errors.

Reason of "nodes became sluggish during backups"
can be high HDD temp and high seek/read errors rate.

Also see free space on backup partition - if free space
low it will be very fragmented and write will be slow
- need many IOPS for write many small file chunks.

--
Best regards,
  Gena