[Users] ploop on ext4 without journal - bug?

Nick Knutov mail at knutov.com
Wed Oct 7 08:42:58 PDT 2015

Thanks,

yes, I'm using SSDs.

Partition was
tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sdX
so I thought the journal was removed completely and data= section is not
important at all.

Ok, what is the right way to fix it for me now?
Will
remount with data=ordered (and still tune2fs -O ^has_journal)
be fine?

Was that fixed bug already compiled and sent to yum repository (package
ploop I suppose) ?

https://jira.sw.ru/browse/PSBM-39335

> Bug was fixed here:
> *diff-ms-mm-vmscan-do-not-wait-for-page-writeback-for-GFP_NOFS-allocations
> Added to 042stab112_3
>
> mm, vmscan: Do not wait for page writeback for GFP_NOFS
> Backport of mainline patch ecf5fc6e9654
>

>>> mount | grep vz2
>>> /dev/sde1 on /vz2 type ext4
(rw,relatime,discard,errors=remount-ro,commit=20,data=journal,journal_async_commit)

>>> debugfs -R features /dev/sde1
>>> debugfs 1.41.12 (17-May-2010)
>>> Filesystem features: ext_attr resize_inode dir_index filetype extent
flex_bg sparse_super large_file huge_file uninit_bg dir_nlink extra_isize

>>> When I'm trying to create CT with ploop layout - I've got
>>>
>>> Creating image: /vz2/private/2008.tmp/root.hdd/root.hdd size=10485760K
>>> Creating delta /vz2/private/2008.tmp/root.hdd/root.hdd bs=2048
size=20971520 sectors v2
>>> Storing /vz2/private/2008.tmp/root.hdd/DiskDescriptor.xml
>>> WARNING: /vz2 is mounted with data=writeback not recommended for
ploop; please use data=ordered instead
>>> Opening delta /vz2/private/2008.tmp/root.hdd/root.hdd
>>> Adding delta dev=/dev/ploop58376
img=/vz2/private/2008.tmp/root.hdd/root.hdd (rw)