[Users] ploop on ext4 without journal - bug?

Dmitry Monakhov dmonakhov at openvz.org
Wed Oct 7 09:05:47 PDT 2015

Nick Knutov <mail at knutov.com> writes:

> Thanks,
>
> yes, I'm using SSDs.
>
> Partition was
> tune2fs -O ^has_journal /dev/sdX
> so I thought the journal was removed completely and data= section is not
> important at all.
WOW.. This is hilarious. Indeed even w/o journal ext4 show journal
related options in /proc/mounts. This is bug(minor, but still). I'll
prepare patch for mainstream.

> Ok, what is the right way to fix it for me now?
Ok. If you want to run your host w/o journal than it is ok. We do not
test such configuration, but it does not contradict to any assumptions.
> Will

> remount with data=ordered (and still tune2fs -O ^has_journal)
> be fine?
No you do not have to modify /etc/fstab

> Was that fixed bug already compiled and sent to yum repository (package
> ploop I suppose) ?
This was kernel's issue. Just update your kernel to most recent one
(042stab112_3 or higher)

#yum update vzkernel