[Users] X apps in OpenVZ containers

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Fri May 15 11:00:48 PDT 2015

Greetings,

----- Original Message -----
> We actually had an update to EL6 kernels committed into Owl-current in
> 2012, but we reverted before making this public due to multiple security
> bugs entering the pipeline for EL6 at the time (and not affecting EL5).
> Since then, we dodged multiple other security bugs by staying EL5.
> I'm not happy about any of this.

The security bugs in EL6 that you are referring to... all got fixed?  Or there are still open issues?

> I doubt x2go over TCP is as efficient as X protocol over Unix domain
> socket, or is it?

I don't know the answer to that... but x2go is darn fast... and has the benefit of being able to access remote machines and not just the local system like Unix domain sockets.  x2go is a fork of the old NX3 libs.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street