[Users] X apps in OpenVZ containers

Solar Designer solar at openwall.com
Fri May 15 11:32:32 PDT 2015

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 12:00:48PM -0600, Scott Dowdle wrote:
> The security bugs in EL6 that you are referring to... all got fixed?  Or there are still open issues?

I referred to the typical security bugs getting found and fixed all the
time.  If you compare Red Hat security advisories for their EL5 vs. EL6
kernels for the recent few years, you'll find that there were fewer
relevant high severity bugs in EL5 than in EL6 kernels found and fixed
during this time period.

> > I doubt x2go over TCP is as efficient as X protocol over Unix domain
> > socket, or is it?
>
> I don't know the answer to that... but x2go is darn fast... and has the benefit of being able to access remote machines and not just the local system like Unix domain sockets.  x2go is a fork of the old NX3 libs.

Sounds like a solution to a different problem. :-)  In fact, doesn't it
end up talking X protocol to an X server over at best a Unix domain
socket on the local end anyway?

Alexander