[Users] Starting With OpenVZ and Having Interface Issues

Thu Feb 6 15:13:06 PST 2014

>> I just installed OpenVZ on CentOS 6.x 64 bit following this guide a
>> few days ago.
>>
>> http://openvz.org/Quick_Installation_CentOS_6
>
>> Can anyone tell me what is going on here?  After further testing I
>> determined it does not always do it.  The first time I stop a
>> container after I reboot the master, physical server, it seems most
>> prone to act up.
>
>> ############## Here is where I get kicked off putty/ssh......
>
> This is a known problem.  You need to clamp your MAC address down on the
> bridge interface of the host to a specific address - just use the real
> MAC address of the physical interface.  Otherwise the host can lose
> connectivity for short periods whenever a VE is created, stopped, or
> started.  This is explained in:
>
> http://openvz.org/VEs_and_HNs_in_same_subnets#Configure_host_bridge_interfaces

This seems to have cured it, I think.

Whenever I do 'service network restart' on the host I get:

Global IPv6 forwarding is disabled in configuration, but not currently
disabled in kernel
Please restart network with '/sbin/service network restart'

What does that mean?  I want IPv6 to work.  Also, I have
'IPV6_DEFROUTE=yes' and 'DEFROUTE=yes' in both ifcfg-vmbr0 and
ifcfg-eth0.  Should they be in both files and what do they do?

Thanks.