[Users] Starting With OpenVZ and Having Interface Issues

Antonio Querubin tony at lavanauts.org
Wed Feb 5 22:05:28 PST 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 17:23 -0600, Matt wrote:
> I just installed OpenVZ on CentOS 6.x 64 bit following this guide a
> few days ago.
>
> http://openvz.org/Quick_Installation_CentOS_6

> Can anyone tell me what is going on here?  After further testing I
> determined it does not always do it.  The first time I stop a
> container after I reboot the master, physical server, it seems most
> prone to act up.

> ############## Here is where I get kicked off putty/ssh......

This is a known problem.  You need to clamp your MAC address down on the
bridge interface of the host to a specific address - just use the real
MAC address of the physical interface.  Otherwise the host can lose
connectivity for short periods whenever a VE is created, stopped, or
started.  This is explained in:

http://openvz.org/VEs_and_HNs_in_same_subnets#Configure_host_bridge_interfaces

--
Antonio Querubin <tony at lavanauts.org>