[Users] ip tool present inside gentoo container breaks venet0:1

Benjamin Henrion bh at udev.org
Fri Nov 30 11:01:44 EST 2012

On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 3:56 PM, Kir Kolyshkin <kir at openvz.org> wrote:
> There are two ways to configure multiple IP addresses for a single network
> interface. This is not OpenVZ-specific thing, but Linux-specific.
>
> The old way is to create so-called interface alias, like eth0:0, and then
> assign an address to it, one per alias.
>
> The new, much better way (appeared in kernel 2.4 AFAIK) is just to let an
> interface have multiple IPs. This usually requires ip tool.
>
> I can't look into gentoo openvz scripts at the moment so can't tell which
> way they use.

The vzctl version I use is 3.0.29.3:

* 15:59 root at box /etc/vz/dists/scripts# equery belongs gentoo-add_ip.sh
 * Searching for gentoo-add_ip.sh ...
sys-cluster/vzctl-3.0.29.3 (/etc/vz/dists/scripts/gentoo-add_ip.sh)

--
Benjamin Henrion <bhenrion at ffii.org>
FFII Brussels - +32-484-566109 - +32-2-3500762