[Users] suspend/resume and interface MTU

Aleksandar Ivanisevic aleksandar at ivanisevic.de
Thu Nov 29 10:32:48 EST 2012

Hi,

since openvz switched to suspend/resume instead of stop/start when the
system is shutdown or booted I have noticed an interesting behaviour.

For some reasons beyond my control I have to set the MTU on network
interfaces (venet) in my RHEL VEs to 1496 instead of 1500. I do that in
/sbin/ifup-local in the VEs because network config is manipulated by
openvz and I guess I shouldn't be touching that.

This works perfectly if I start/stop but if I suspend/resume the MTU
is set back to 1500, which then breaks my networking in very subtle
ways ;)

What is the official way to peg the MTU to something non standard
(i.e. not 1500) in openvz?