[Users] a newbie question

cheetah xuwh06 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 06:25:39 EDT 2012

Hi guys,

I am a newbie to openvz and preparing to deploy it in my production
environment to give each user a container. I have the following concerns
now.

1. Can user load kernel modules in the guest container without influencing
the host kernel or other container's kernel? As far as I understand, all
the containers share the same kernel of the host. So I am wondering if this
is possible?

2. Or how is the container's security isolation? Can I give user root
access in the container? Is there any hack that he/she can use root in the
container to attack the host or other containers?

3. Does openvz kernel support kvm?

4. What is recommended distro of Linux to install openvz? I am now using
CentOS 6.2. How about Debian?

Thanks a lot for answering my stupid questions.

Regards,
Peter