: [Users] loop devices in CT still not allowed ?

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Wed Jun 13 11:23:10 EDT 2012

13.06.2012 17:12 пользователь "Namikaze Minato" <
lloydsensei+openvz at gmail.com> написал:

> Hello everybody.
> I'm sorry to dig something that was already corrected before, but I
> got some errors I don't manage to take care of alone.
>
> I'm running a SLES11.1 host and a SLES11.1 CT.

More important piece of information is which openvz kernel do you use?
OK, I see below that it is 042stab046.1 self-compiled.

> First (minor) problem is that services are not started when I start a
> CT. I have to start them manually after each boot. (Runlevel retuns
> "unknown" in the CTs)

Are you using a CT made from precreated template from openvz.org, or
anything else?

> Second (the error I wrote this mail for):
>        vzctl set --devices|--devnodes: do not allow to enable loop
devices in CT
> was a bug corrected in version 3.0.29 according to this page:
> http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/vzctl/3.0.29

Loop devices are not allowed in CT for security reason. This is what 3.0.29
fixed (previously it was possible to enable loop device inside CT).

> I've tried:
>        vzctl set 404 --devnodes loop0:rw
> on version 3.1 without success (returning this:
>        Device loop0 is not allowed to be assigned to a CT
>        Bad parameter for --devnodes: loop0:rw
> ), and got exactly the same result with version 3.3
> BLK_DEV_LOOP is compiled inside the openvz kernel (2.6.32 vanilla +
> 042stab049.6 patch), so it's not a problem of the loop module not
>
> Why is this loop device problem bothering me ? Because every time I
> want to install a package that has a dependency which can be resolved
> by an rpm from the ISO, the package manager can't mount the ISO to use
> these rpms.

Use fuseiso.