[Users] custom location for OS template

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Sat May 7 19:37:16 EDT 2011

On 05/03/2011 04:17 PM, knawnd at gmail.com wrote:
> Is there any way to specify a location for os templates? The default one
> is written in /etc/vz/vz.conf as
> template=/vz/template
>
> but I would like to have a possibility to specify the custom one e.g.
> with absolute path:
> $ vzctl create --ostemplate /vz/tmpl/centos-5-x86.tar.gz<CTID>

Why such a feature would be needed? Is that a problem to put a tarball
(or just a symlink)
to /vz/template/cache?

> with corresponding value for ostemplate variable in VE config:
> ostemplate="/vz/tmpl/centos-5-x86.tar.gz"

This will definitely break the /etc/vz/dists/* logic of choosing proper
distscripts.

> I think that way would provide more flexibility.

There are infinite ways to provide more flexibility for vzctl -- the
question is
which ones are worth implementing.

Maybe you have some specific use case for such feature -- please share the
scenario with us.

Kir.