[Users] custom location for OS template

knawnd at gmail.com knawnd at gmail.com
Tue May 3 08:17:15 EDT 2011

Hi!

Almost a month ago (on April 4th) I had posted a message [1] to
Discussion thread on OpenVZ forum but I still haven't got reply. So I am
trying to ask in OpenVZ mail list.
--------------- start quotation ---------------
Is there any way to specify a location for os templates? The default one
is written in /etc/vz/vz.conf as
template=/vz/template

but I would like to have a possibility to specify the custom one e.g.
with absolute path:
$ vzctl create --ostemplate /vz/tmpl/centos-5-x86.tar.gz <CTID>

with corresponding value for ostemplate variable in VE config:
ostemplate="/vz/tmpl/centos-5-x86.tar.gz"

I think that way would provide more flexibility.

Should I submit a feature request on that?

Thanks!
Nikolay.

[1]
http://forum.openvz.org/index.php?t=msg&goto=42369&&srch=os+template+location#msg_42369