[Users] Re: VPS with diferent subnets

Suno Ano suno.ano at sunoano.org
Fri Jun 26 02:15:13 EDT 2009

 Jose> Hello! We have a OpenVz server working with a subnet we have 6
 Jose> VPS created, but this subnet is full and we need to add more IP
 Jose> address, so I have another subnet available but I can't migrate
 Jose> my actual VPS, is posible that I can have some VPS with one
 Jose> subnet and others VPS with anothers subnets.

Give us a bit more info please. Is that an internal IP range i.e.
something like

net_private_class_a="10.0.0.0/8"
net_private_class_b="172.16.0.0/12"
net_private_class_c="192.168.0.0/16"

or do you have public IP addresses available? In the later, you ISP
(Internet Service Provider) has to take care i.e. do the routing on his
core routers. In case you use private IPs, SNAT (Source Network Address
Translation) works perfectly fine.