[Users] Re: GlusterFS with OpenVZ

Konstantin A. Lepikhov lakostis at altlinux.org
Thu Jun 25 15:44:56 EDT 2009

Hi Alexander!

Thursday 25, at 12:09:50 AM you wrote:

> Suno Ano schreef:
> >  Jure> ways, but at the end we concluded that there are too many
> >  Jure> unknowns still and that the technology is not yet mature enough
> >  Jure> to run in production.
> >
> > I agree however, that using both together is quite uncharted territory
> > -- I am very interested in this kind of setup, both, from a technical
> > point of view and because we are looking for some setup that combines
> > the ability to store huge amounts of data and makes use of OpenVZ for
> > all kinds of services around this data.
>
> Same for me. I tried using both, but it turned out to be quite difficult
> to combine GlusterFS and OpenVZ. (well, not impossible, just there
> wasn't a section in the manual dealing with the issues you come across ;)).
What was the difficult in OpenVZ with GlusterFS? /me using both on
developer nodes and all works fine - ovz support virtualized fuse mounts
inside VE (gluster works on top of fuse module).

> Can't give any specifics anymore though, it was a long time ago that I
> tried it. I just remember giving up...
Gluster offers more flexible solution rather than simple nfs mount ;)
Especially when 2.1.x will be ready (due native support nfs protocol
through booster library).