[Users] Re: GlusterFS with OpenVZ

Alexander Prinsier aphexer at mailhaven.com
Wed Jun 24 18:09:50 EDT 2009

Suno Ano schreef:
>  Jure> ways, but at the end we concluded that there are too many
>  Jure> unknowns still and that the technology is not yet mature enough
>  Jure> to run in production.
>
> I agree however, that using both together is quite uncharted territory
> -- I am very interested in this kind of setup, both, from a technical
> point of view and because we are looking for some setup that combines
> the ability to store huge amounts of data and makes use of OpenVZ for
> all kinds of services around this data.

Same for me. I tried using both, but it turned out to be quite difficult
to combine GlusterFS and OpenVZ. (well, not impossible, just there
wasn't a section in the manual dealing with the issues you come across ;)).

Can't give any specifics anymore though, it was a long time ago that I
tried it. I just remember giving up...

Alexander