[Users] Re: GlusterFS with OpenVZ

Alexander Prinsier aphexer at mailhaven.com
Thu Jun 25 18:03:21 EDT 2009

Hello :)

On 06/25/2009 09:44 PM, Konstantin A. Lepikhov wrote:
>> Same for me. I tried using both, but it turned out to be quite difficult
>> to combine GlusterFS and OpenVZ. (well, not impossible, just there
>> wasn't a section in the manual dealing with the issues you come across ;)).

> What was the difficult in OpenVZ with GlusterFS? /me using both on
> developer nodes and all works fine - ovz support virtualized fuse mounts
> inside VE (gluster works on top of fuse module).

Well as I said it was a long time I ago that I tried this. I don't
really remember what the issue with glusterfs was. I tried many things
back then... (gfs, glusterfs, lustre, and others). They either required
manual kernel recompilation (but with the openvz patch this could have
caused trouble), or too much other tools running around it (like at
least gfs requires). I just can't remember what the thing with glusterfs
was :)

But it's interesting to hear that you have no problem running it. I
might try it again soon, and I'll try this list when I run into trouble.

Things might have become better after a year :)

Alexander