[Users] Re: GlusterFS with OpenVZ

Suno Ano suno.ano at sunoano.org
Wed Jun 24 07:11:12 EDT 2009

 Jure> ways, but at the end we concluded that there are too many
 Jure> unknowns still and that the technology is not yet mature enough
 Jure> to run in production.

I think both technologies can be considered prime time ready for any
kind of commercial service with any kind of SLA (Service Level
Agreement) attached.

I agree however, that using both together is quite uncharted territory
-- I am very interested in this kind of setup, both, from a technical
point of view and because we are looking for some setup that combines
the ability to store huge amounts of data and makes use of OpenVZ for
all kinds of services around this data.

So far, however, we do not have a combined setup of GlusterFS and OpenVZ
in place.