[Users] Re: vzsplit does not work

Scott Dowdle dowdle at montanalinux.org
Wed Jan 7 16:53:13 EST 2009

Peter,

----- "Peter Thomassen" <mail at peter-thomassen.de> wrote:
> I'm not going to use these features. Do you think there any other
> problems to expect during the normal OpenVZ operation?

With regards to the 2.6.24 kernel... I think you'll be ok then... assuming the 2.6.26 kernel you have is like 2.6.24.

> Debian does not upgrade packages to new versions during the stable
> cycle, but only release security updates for the package version that
> has been shipped with stable. If possible and necessary, security
> fixes are backported from new versions. But I have not found any serious
> security bugs on bugs.debian.org.

I understand that but there have been some serious bug fixes and changes made to vzctl since 3.0.11 and 3.0.11 is basically unusable... so it absolutely should be updated.  Reworded, the program version they have is marked as "stable" but isn't... but because they marked it "stable" they won't fix it.

> > I'd recommend you contact the packagers of those and voice your
>
> I'm going to do that in some days. :-)

Please let the mailing list know what you find out if you don't mind.

TYL,
--
Scott Dowdle
704 Church Street