[Users] Re: vzsplit does not work

albinootje albinootje at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 17:11:12 EST 2009

Scott Dowdle wrote:

> I understand that but there have been some serious bug fixes and
> changes made to vzctl since 3.0.11 and 3.0.11 is basically
> unusable... so it absolutely should be updated.  Reworded, the
> program version they have is marked as "stable" but isn't... but
> because they marked it "stable" they won't fix it.

I'm one of the sysadmins of a server which is used for webhosting.
Since a few years we're using OpenVZ with Debian Etch.
The vzctl version from Debian we use is 3.0.11-14.

Why are you saying it is "basically unusable" ?
Imho you are exaggerating a little here.

Besides that, Debian Lenny, (still called Testing now but hopefully
released as Stable in the near future) has 3.0.22.x
See : http://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=vzctl