[Users] VEs and rebooting

Vasily Tarasov vtaras at openvz.org
Wed May 9 04:20:17 EDT 2007

Hello,

your understanding is absolutely right.
After switching to runlevel 6 (reboot) in VE /reboot file should be
created. Unfortunately not all official precreated templates produce
this action... If you consider it as a bug - feel free to report it at
bugzilla.openvz.org.

In such "buggy" templates you should manually add init script that will
create /reboot file. During upgrade of VE, your newly added init script
file will not be deleted/modified - so no problem. However the most
clean way is to create a package with this init script and install it
via package system.

Thank you,
Vasily