[Users] /dev/fd/3

Gregor Mosheh gregor at hostgis.com
Mon Aug 13 14:03:26 EDT 2007

> Indeed. It sounds like a problem within the program. Something's causing
> a file descriptor to not be opened, and the program isn't performing
> sufficient error-checking. Cuz I know one can open file descriptors at
> will!

To elaborate a bit more... The program "strace" is invaluable for
finding out what a program is doing (or failing to do). If you strace
your program's execution (and the failure is happening early enough)
then you can probably find out which fopen() is failing and why.

Like I said, this may be due to a VE issue (too many FDs open already,
out of memory while reading file, etc) or may be something about the
program itself.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA