[Users] RT priority processes in a VE.

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Fri Apr 20 19:38:51 EDT 2007

G'day.  I am using OpenVZ to split a few servers for security and
management reasons -- all the VE environments are run by me and trusted
and all that.

As part of this I want to run some software in the VE with real-time
priority threads (Asterisk, possibly other software) in our system.

Unfortunately I can't work out what settings, if any, make it possible
to permit this inside the VE and reading the kernel patch didn't help.

Is it possible to run a process with FIFO scheduling priority in a VE?

If so, how do I permit this?

Regards,
        Daniel
--
Digital Infrastructure Solutions -- making IT simple, stable and secure
Phone: 0401 155 707        email: contact at digital-infrastructure.com.au
                 http://digital-infrastructure.com.au/