[Users] openvz and SuSE

Daniel Bauer mlist at dsb-gmbh.de
Thu Feb 2 13:36:22 EST 2006

From: "Kir Kolyshkin" <kir at openvz.org>
> Daniel Bauer wrote:
>
>> ok, that sounds good, I'll have a try with SuSE.
>>
>> I've started now with installing fedora-core 4 and updated the kernel
>> as mentioned, some prebuild VPS are still running. But how can I
>> access now some physical harddiscs? I need to mount /dev/sdd1 (my
>> data partition).
>
> See pages 66-67 of OpenVZ User's Guide. In short, here it is.
>
> You just enable device access for a given VPS, like this:
> vzctl set NNN --devnodes sdd1:rw --save
>
> Next, you create the device file (you can just cp /dev/sdd1
> /vz/root/NNN/dev)
>
> Next, you mount your partition from inside a VPS as usual.
>
>> How to enable the second eth interface?
>
> You want it to be dedicated to a single VPS, or you just want to
> access some other network via it?
>
> In the first case, see page 68 of OpenVZ User's Guide. In the second
> case, use it as you would do on a normal Linux box, i.e. add IP,
> proper routes and everything should work.

Hi Kir,

sorry for asking silly questions, I don't see the manual, only the quick
install, I'll be back when I've read it ;)

Thanks a lot for all your help. OpenVZ is basicly working now within 1
hours, GREAT! I think I'll do a custom SuSE install at the weekend , if
it works and I'm ready I'll give you the precreated tar.gz if you want
to.

Daniel