[Users] openvz and SuSE

Daniel Bauer mlist at dsb-gmbh.de
Fri Feb 3 03:59:50 EST 2006

From: "Kir Kolyshkin" <kir at openvz.org>
> Daniel Bauer wrote:
>> ok, that sounds good, I'll have a try with SuSE.

Is there a howto for creating templates, or should I start with building
the directory tree by myself?

Why is the stuff double in private and root, I thougt that the root is
only the mounted stuff from private?

>> I've started now with installing fedora-core 4 and updated the kernel
>> as mentioned, some prebuild VPS are still running. But how can I
>> access now some physical harddiscs? I need to mount /dev/sdd1 (my
>> data partition).
>
> See pages 66-67 of OpenVZ User's Guide. In short, here it is.
>
> You just enable device access for a given VPS, like this:
> vzctl set NNN --devnodes sdd1:rw --save
>
> Next, you create the device file (you can just cp /dev/sdd1
> /vz/root/NNN/dev)
>
> Next, you mount your partition from inside a VPS as usual.

Great!!!

>> How to enable the second eth interface?
>
> You want it to be dedicated to a single VPS, or you just want to
> access some other network via it?
>
> In the first case, see page 68 of OpenVZ User's Guide. In the second
> case, use it as you would do on a normal Linux box, i.e. add IP,
> proper routes and everything should work.

I've three nics, but only one venet0.
i.e. eth0 is connected to intranet for use of VPS
      (10.x.x.x)
      eth1 is connected to internet for use of VPS
      (20.x.x.x)
      eth2 s connected to intranet only for use of the Host
      (30.x.x.x)

I'd like to use:
    VPS1: intranet (eth0)
    VPS2: internet (eth1)
    VPS3: intranet (eth0) + internet (eth1)

On the host (eth2) I don't want to have an IP of the intranet or
internet, the nics should be used for the VPS.

As I understand it's not possible to share a real nic with Host and
diff. VPS, so howto setup this configuration?

Daniel