[Users] openvz and SuSE

Kir Kolyshkin kir at openvz.org
Thu Feb 2 12:06:10 EST 2006

Daniel Bauer wrote:

> ok, that sounds good, I'll have a try with SuSE.
>
> I've started now with installing fedora-core 4 and updated the kernel
> as mentioned, some prebuild VPS are still running. But how can I
> access now some physical harddiscs? I need to mount /dev/sdd1 (my data
> partition).

See pages 66-67 of OpenVZ User's Guide. In short, here it is.

You just enable device access for a given VPS, like this:
vzctl set NNN --devnodes sdd1:rw --save

Next, you create the device file (you can just cp /dev/sdd1
/vz/root/NNN/dev)

Next, you mount your partition from inside a VPS as usual.

> How to enable the second eth interface?

You want it to be dedicated to a single VPS, or you just want to access
some other network via it?

In the first case, see page 68 of OpenVZ User's Guide. In the second
case, use it as you would do on a normal Linux box, i.e. add IP, proper
routes and everything should work.

> so you update this kernel with actual patches and the OpenVZ Users could
> install the new one everytime it's released?

Exactly.

Regards,
  Kir.