[Devel] Reg. Eth0

padmaja venkata rvpadmaja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 05:10:58 PDT 2007

Hi,
I have PC with  centos 2.6.9-42.0.2.EL.
 till yesterday it was working fine. yesterday I had to load Nistnet and it
requires a RTC module. So I had to load this REal time Clock module from
make menuconfig under device drivers, character devices, RTC. After this I
did make modules_install and rebooted the PC . Now, when I start the PC, it
shows

Applying Intel Microcode update: FATAL: Module microcode not found
Error: module microcode does not exist in /proc/modules
the other error is dev eth0 has different MAC address than expected, so
ignoring.

At times it shows : device eth0 does not seem to be present, delaying
initialization.

i did /sbin/ifconfig and saw that there is no eth0 related info. only loop
back interface is present.
I also tried to do /sbin/ifup eth0 but it is not found. in the lspci, the
driver for ethernet is REaltek 8139 and
these modules are present in /lib/modules. however, if i try to do depmod
and then modprobe 8139too.ko, the message is
FATAL: Module 8139too not found. if i do lsmod or /proc/modules.conf, i dont
see the eth0 related modules there. Please
tell me what I should do? There is some sunrpc for which also the module is
missing. At present I am unable to connect this
pc to the rest of the network. The dmesg command gives a lot of output but
there is no way I can send that to u as it is out
of network now. Waiting for your reply

Thanks in advance,
Padmaja