[Debian] Repository with pre-built kernel for debian lenny

Ola Lundqvist opal at debian.org
Fri Apr 18 09:58:46 EDT 2008

Hi Alexander

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:58:36PM +0400, Alexander GQ Gerasiov wrote:
> Hello there.
>
> I switched to OpenVZ from vserver some days ago, and want to thank
> OpenVZ devs for good work.

Thanks.

> Unfortunately I found no precompiled openvz-enabled kernels for Debian
> Lenny (2.6.24). Repositories mentioned in [1] contain only stable
> 2.6.18. So I had to do some work, but I don't think that everyone

Yes that is true. You should be able to run those kernels on lenny as well.

> should %). In my repository [2] you could find kernel 2.6.24 with
> featuresets openvz and xen-openvz. For now there are only i386 arch.
> For those who interested in source package git-buildpackage's
> repository [3] may be interesting.

Oh, nice. However I would like to know if it is the debian kernel source
you use or upstream. And also which kernel patch file you used?

If you have used the Debian linux source package I'm very interested in the
patch so I can add it to the linux-patch-openvz package.

> Correct lines for apt:
> deb http://gq.net.ru/debian testing openvz
> deb-src http://gq.net.ru/debian testing openvz
>
> Repository signed with pgp key, which could be imported by installing
> gq-keyring package. I'll try to keep it up to date (synced with kernel
> version in official debian lenny repository).

Best regards,

// Ola

/  opal at debian.org                     Annebergsslingan 37      \
|  ola at inguza.com                      654 65 KARLSTAD          |