[CRIU] Project for GSoC 2019: Optimize logging engine

Radostin Stoyanov rstoyanov1 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 14:50:37 MSK 2019

On 14/03/2019 11:15, Pavel Emelianov wrote:
> On 3/14/19 1:49 PM, Radostin Stoyanov wrote:
>>> Gents, please, note, that according to the gsoc rules any dev activity that starts
>>> before official gsoc coding dates cannot be submitted to google for evaluation.
>> To be more specific [1]:
>>
>> 1.4 "Evaluation" means an evaluation by the Mentor of his or her
>> Student’s work or an evaluation by the Student of his or her Mentor, as
>> applicable.
>>
>> (8.1) (a) (i) the Student is only required to submit an overall
>> Evaluation of the Mentors; and
>>
>> (ii) only one (1) Mentor is required to submit an Evaluation of the
>> Student. If more than one (1) Mentor submits an Evaluation, only the
>> final Evaluation submitted before the deadline will be accepted.
>>
>> (e) (i) The Mentor will evaluate the Student’s Project Submissions based
>> on the work from the beginning of the work period until the start of the
>> evaluation period. Any work done during the evaluation period itself
>> will be considered for the next evaluation period.
>>
>> (ii) The Mentor will evaluate the Student’s Project Submissions against
>> the Organization Project Criteria.
>>
>> [1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/rules/
> Yes, I meant the 7.4.d item from this doc:
>
>    If a Project Proposal is for a Project that the Student is already working
>    on, the Student must note this in the Project Proposal. Any work done on the
>    Project prior to acceptance of the Project Proposal will not be considered
>    for Evaluations.
>
> How should we read this? Is it purely up to the mentors which work to consider
> for evaluation, or will google consider any ... "patches sent" (?) before May 27
> to be not-applicable for evaluation?
To best of my knowledge, it is a responsibility of the mentor to
evaluate the student's work (with "pass" or "fail" grade) at the Phase 1
deadline, the Phase 2 deadline, and the Final deadline.

And:
- Evaluations must be in the form of responses to questions provided by
Google.
- Google may make Evaluations available to other Google employees, third
parties, or the Organization or Student, as applicable.
- Google may use Evaluations internally to improve Google Summer of Code
and for recruiting purposes.
- Google will announce the Final Results.

Radostin