[CRIU] Project for GSoC 2019: Optimize logging engine

Pavel Emelianov xemul at virtuozzo.com
Thu Mar 14 14:15:29 MSK 2019

On 3/14/19 1:49 PM, Radostin Stoyanov wrote:
> On 14/03/2019 10:33, Pavel Emelianov wrote:
>> On 3/14/19 10:27 AM, Vaibhav Gupta wrote:
>>> Yah, I found it and already implemented it in the command. Tests passed successfully after that.
>>> .
>>> I even mailed it.
>>> .
>>> But thanks for attending the query.
>> Gents, please, note, that according to the gsoc rules any dev activity that starts
>> before official gsoc coding dates cannot be submitted to google for evaluation.
>
> To be more specific [1]:
>
> 1.4 "Evaluation" means an evaluation by the Mentor of his or her
> Student’s work or an evaluation by the Student of his or her Mentor, as
> applicable.
>
> (8.1) (a) (i) the Student is only required to submit an overall
> Evaluation of the Mentors; and
>
> (ii) only one (1) Mentor is required to submit an Evaluation of the
> Student. If more than one (1) Mentor submits an Evaluation, only the
> final Evaluation submitted before the deadline will be accepted.
>
> (e) (i) The Mentor will evaluate the Student’s Project Submissions based
> on the work from the beginning of the work period until the start of the
> evaluation period. Any work done during the evaluation period itself
> will be considered for the next evaluation period.
>
> (ii) The Mentor will evaluate the Student’s Project Submissions against
> the Organization Project Criteria.
>
> [1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/rules/

Yes, I meant the 7.4.d item from this doc:

   If a Project Proposal is for a Project that the Student is already working
   on, the Student must note this in the Project Proposal. Any work done on the
   Project prior to acceptance of the Project Proposal will not be considered
   for Evaluations.

How should we read this? Is it purely up to the mentors which work to consider
for evaluation, or will google consider any ... "patches sent" (?) before May 27
to be not-applicable for evaluation?