[CRIU] Dumping a 32-bit process on aarch64 kernel

Rayson Ho raysonlogin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 06:35:14 MSK 2017

On Thu, Dec 7, 2017 at 12:50 PM, Dmitry Safonov <0x7f454c46 at gmail.com> wrote:
> But it might be complicated. Not in the technical sense, but in "political".
> Even x86 folks where not very excited about the way ia32 applications
> are being restored (from inside a native x86_64 tasks).
> The same will be with arm folks.

If we build criu as a 32-bit ARM binary (for production we likely
can't predetermine it's a 32-bit process, but that is the way I am
doing it for now), then we wouldn't we be restoring a 32-bit
checkpoint in a 32-bit process?

BTW, thanks for the replies, Dmitry & Andrei!

Rayson

http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/
http://gridscheduler.sourceforge.net/GridEngine/GridEngineCloud.html