[Users] Status of OVZ 8 & 9

jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at imtbs-tsp.eu
Tue Apr 23 10:34:15 MSK 2024

Hello

as long as this:
https://docs.virtuozzo.com/virtuozzo_hybrid_server_7_users_guide/learning-basics/vhs-vs-openvz.html

/OpenVZ <https://openvz.org/> is a free, open-source virtualization
solution available under GNU GPL. OpenVZ is the base for Virtuozzo
Hybrid Server, the commercial solution that builds on OpenVZ and offers
additional benefits to customers./

is still true, if Virtuozzo Hybrid Server is based on the openSource
OpenVZ, I don't see any fears regarding its future .

Anyway, it's  disturbing not to see someone from virtuozzo reply to this
concern !?

I agree, I largely prefer openVZ/virtuozzo CTs rather than LXC/LCD ,
it-s a pity that virtuozzo doesn't profit from the mass of peaple
migrating from VmWare , rather to proxmox ... which do had openVZ CTs in
the past !