[Users] Question about Plesk support in VzLinux 8

Kevin Drysdale kevin.drysdale at iomart.com
Thu Feb 11 15:21:32 MSK 2021

Hello,

As per the subject really: are there any plans that you are aware of for
Plesk (which I realise is now a separate company from yourselves, these
days) to support VzLinux 8 ?  I can see it has support for VzLinux 7, but
attempts to install it on 8 fail, and the Plesk support matrix does not
list it as a supported distro at this time.

A great many of our existing customers run Plesk in their containers, so
sadly unless/until VzLinux 8 has Plesk support (or Plesk has VzLinux 8
support, whichever way around it goes), we would not really be able to use
it as a migration target for our CentOS 8 customers.

--

Kevin Drysdale
Senior Systems Administrator

iomart

Tel: 0141 931 6400
Fax: 0141 931 6401

https://twitter.com/iomart
https://www.linkedin.com/company/iomart

www.iomart.com
iomart - any cloud.  your way.

which it is addressed and may contain confidential material.  The company
cannot accept liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this
message, which may arise as a result of email transmission.  Statements
and opinions expressed in this email may not represent those of the
company.  It is expressly declared that this email does not constitute or
form part of a contract or unilateral obligation.  Please note that the
company monitors, analyses and archives email traffic, data and the
content of email for the purposes of security, legal compliance and staff
training.  If you have received this message in error, please notify the
company and remove it from your system.

iomart Group PLC is a Public Limited Company incorporated in Scotland with
registration number SC204560 and whose registered office is at Lister
Pavilion, Kelvin Campus, West of Scotland Science Park, Glasgow G20 0SP