[Users] kernel: Dropped packet, source wrong veid

Ian openvz_list at fishnet.co.uk
Mon Oct 5 14:38:06 MSK 2020

Hi,

I have an old Openvz 6 container that I migrated to OpenVZ 7.

Today the network stopped working on it and I get the following in the
host log:

(IPs changed)

kernel: Dropped packet, source wrong veid=545 src-IP=1.2.3.4 dst-IP=1.2.3.1

That was for a ping from the container to the host

The container has the ip 1.2.3.4 and the host 1.2.3.1

If I ping the container from the host I get:

PING 1.2.3.4(1.2.3.4) 56(84) bytes of data.
ping: sendmsg: Operation not permitted

The container has been working fine for weeks.

I then migrated it to another VZ7 host.  It starts fine then the network
stops again after a few minutes with the same error.

Google searching shows that this was a bug in the old VZ6 kernel that
was fixed.  Has it somehow come back again ?

In the meantime how can I turn off the dropping of wrong source packets ?

Thanks for any help

Ian