[Users] OpenVZ 7 orchestration

Konstantin Khorenko khorenko at virtuozzo.com
Thu May 16 16:26:16 MSK 2019

On 05/16/2019 04:10 PM, Jehan Procaccia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have the need to let users start/stop openvz7 containers
>
> we could probably create local scripts that allow users (from our ldap
> directory, not anyone in the world !) with sudo to do that.
>
> but I know automation/orchestration tools exist out there (Kubernetes
> for example ...)
>
> is there community tools, or openvz/viruozzo integrated tool, that would
> allow us to delegate the management of containers to our users without
> giving out privilege on the Host .

For Virtuozzo 7 it's done via PowerPanel:
https://docs.virtuozzo.com/virtuozzo_powerpanel_users_guide/index.html

==========================
About Virtuozzo PowerPanel
Virtuozzo PowerPanel provides an easy way for you to manage all your virtual machines and containers from one web panel.

In Virtuozzo PowerPanel, you can:

* start, stop, and reset your virtual machines and containers,
* reinstall your containers,
* change user passwords for your virtual machines and containers,
* create, restore, and delete backups of your virtual machines and containers,
* log in to your virtual machines and containers via VNC.

--
Best regards,

Konstantin Khorenko,
Virtuozzo Linux Kernel Team