[Users] vzmigrate --online used to work, now fails with "CPU mismatch"

Konstantin Khorenko khorenko at virtuozzo.com
Fri Mar 22 23:14:31 MSK 2019

On 03/22/2019 07:51 PM, jjs - mainphrame wrote:
However, one is an Intel CPU, the other is AMD. Live migration of containers between them had been working, for about 3 years, but now it balks at "CPUs mismatch".
You know, you are very lucky. We do face issues from time to time when processes die after online migration and
the root cause appears in cpus difference.

I wonder, is there some way to override the paranoia? Ideally, an admin could say "yes, I understand the CPUs aren't identical, but do it anyway"
Here you are:

# man vzmigrate

       -f,         --nodeps[=[all][,cpu_check][,disk_space][,technologies][,license][,rate][,bindmount][,tem‐
       plate_area_sync][,kernel_modules]]
              Ignore  an  absence of required package sets on destination node.  To prevent CT against errors
              in filesystem due to absent template files, it will not be started on  destination  node  after
              migration and must be started manually.
              Additional parameters:
              all - as is -f.
              cpu_check - to pass check of the cpu capabilities.

--
Best regards,

Konstantin Khorenko,
Virtuozzo Linux Kernel Team