[Users] ovz 7 VM bootstrap install OS and VNC

jehan procaccia TEM-TSP jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Wed Sep 5 19:26:48 MSK 2018

Hello

I connot find a way to install the OS on a newly created VM on a host
Virtuozzo Linux release 7.5

I've followed the doc on how to create VM:
https://docs.openvz.org/openvz_users_guide.webhelp/_creating_virtual_machines.html
(still not clear to me which one from docs.openvz.org docs.virtuozzo.com
to follow ...)

prlctl create myMV
prlctl installtools myVM
prlctl set myVM --device-set net0 --ipadd 192.168.1.68/24
prlctl set myVM --nameserver 192.168.1.1
prlctl set myVM --gw 192.168.1.1

then regarding

https://docs.virtuozzo.com/virtuozzo_7_users_guide/advanced-tasks/enabling-vnc-access-to-virtual-machines-and-containers.html

i've created a VNC acces + password

prlctl set myVM --vnc-mode manual --vnc-port 5901 --vnc-passwd myVMpass

added the VM net0 interface to the correct network/vlan on my host
virtuozzo 7

prlctl set myVM --device-set net0 --network vlan1
# brctl show
br1		8000.1866dabdc8b6	yes		em2.1
							vme001c426ab342

then started it (prlctl start myVM)

# prlctl list
UUID                                    STATUS       IP_ADDR         T  NAME
{aab70e2d-3e9b-49bc-b473-07c3b2f7104e}  running      192.168.1.68   VM myVM

until now everything seems fine

exept  I cannot connect to the VM via VNC nor I can ping it .

How can I install the OS on it from here ? did I missed something ?

with KVM I used to start a virt-manager on the host to do that , is it
possible to install virt-manager or it will break virtuozzo ?

Thanks .