[Users] Any chance of ubuntu 18.04 support on openvz 6 ?

Stefan Eriksson stefan at eriksson.cn
Thu Jun 7 09:21:56 MSK 2018

Hi

I’ve tested the below patch in a lab and it does work, here is how if anyone is interested

in /etc/vz/osrelease.conf add at least.
ubuntu-18.04    4.14.0
ubuntu-16.04    4.14.0

disable openvz kernel repo and enable:

[vpsfree]
name=vpsFree.cz package repository - testing
baseurl=http://repo.vpsfree.cz/testing/
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

yum clean all
yum install vzkernel

no install a ubuntu16.04 template and upgrade to bionic.

#credits to snajpa on #openvz (irc)

@openvz team, it would be great if you could backport this syscall (https://github.com/snajpa/openvz6-kernel/commit/d4f4ffa6e5f7b0cc497a3ecaa6b984b3ffadc4f9) to the official kernel so we can have ubuntu 18.04 support.

best regards.