[Users] Debian 8 container syslog-ng missing messages, increase unix dgram queue length?

Frank Myhr fmyhr at fhmtech.com
Thu Oct 20 17:24:23 PDT 2016

Hi,

In an OpenVZ 7 container running Debian 8 with syslog-ng I noticed that log
messages are being lost on the way from systemd journal to my logfile:

# journalctl | grep -i "miss"
Oct 20 19:26:06 systemd-journal[64]: Forwarding to syslog missed 58 messages.

On other systems I can cure this using

/sbin/sysctl -w net.unix.max_dgram_qlen=512

and in fact Debian 8 normally does this with its
systemd-setup-dgram-qlen.service. But this service fails because
/proc/sys/net/unix/max_dgram_qlen is not present inside the OpenVZ 7 container.

I've set dgram_qlen=512 on the OpenVZ 7 host, but this did not help.

Is there a way to increase unix dgram queue length inside my OpenVZ 7 container?
Or another way to stop missing log messages?

Thanks,
Frank