[Users] firewall capability in openVZ/virtuozzo 7

Vasily Averin vvs at virtuozzo.com
Tue Oct 11 02:04:56 PDT 2016

Dear Jehan,

OpenVZ container does  not require to enable additional capabilities,
default settings allows to use iptables inside container.

However by default netfilter is restricted,
most likely you need to change it by using "prlctl set --netfilter"

       --netfilter <disabled|stateless|stateful|full>
           Restrict access to iptable modules inside the Container.  The  fol-
           lowing modes are available:
           disabled  -- no modules are allowed.
           stateless  --  (default)  all modules except NAT and conntracks are
           allowed.
           stateful  -- all modules except NAT are allowed.
           full      -- all modules are allowed.

btw. prlctl works as "vzctl --save" in any cases, it saves the setting in configs.

Thank you,
	Vasily Averin