[Users] vlan and bridge network interface in openVZ/virtuozzo 7

Jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Fri Oct 7 10:22:44 PDT 2016

hello

based on
https://docs.openvz.org/openvz_users_guide.webhelp/_configuring_virtual_machines_and_containers_in_bridged_mode.html
it is not clear to me how to create virtual networks associated to vlans ?

On a fresly installed Virtuozzo Linux release 7.2 (3515) on a host with
2 activated interfaces (em1 and em2) in trunk mode (cisco terminology
switchport trunk, allowed vlan 10,11,12, native 10) I cannot find out
how to create networks dedicated to a vlan

I tried :
# prlsrvctl net add vlan11 --type bridged --ifname em2
Failed to add Virtual Network vlan11: This network adapter is already in
use. Please select another network adapter and try again.

I suspect that because em2 is already bridge to br1, it cannot be
bridged anymore ?

Or should I create a /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-em2.11 to have
a interface dedicated to vlan11 :
# cat ifcfg-em2.11
DEVICE=em2.11
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
BOOTPROTO=none
VLAN=yes

an then try to: /prlsrvctl net add vlan11 --type bridged --ifname em2.11/ ?
unfortunatly after /systemctl restart network/ , system complains with :

Bringing up interface em2.11:  Error: Connection activation failed: No
suitable device found for this connection.

as anymone succeed in configuring CT and VM attached to vlan (in bridge
mode as I want full feature network with multicast/broacast) ?

Thanks .

PS : few more information of the actual network config on the system :

# ip addr | grep LOWER_UP
1: lo: <LOOPBACK,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 65536 qdisc noqueue state UNKNOWN
2: em1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master br0
state UP qlen 1000
3: em2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq master br1
state UP qlen 1000
8: venet0: <BROADCAST,POINTOPOINT,NOARP,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc
noqueue state UNKNOWN
22: br0: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP
23: br1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue state UP

# prlsrvctl net list
Network ID        Type      Bound To       Bridge         Slave interfaces
Bridged           bridged   em2 br1
Host-Only         host-only                virbr0

it strange that em1 and br0 doesn't show up here !?

# brctl show
bridge name    bridge id        STP enabled    interfaces
br0        8000.14187769840a    no        em1
br1        8000.14187769840b    no        em2
host-routed        8000.000000000000    no
virbr0        8000.52540064dd31    no        virbr0-nic
virbr2        8000.52540085818e    no        virbr2-nic