[Users] Intel VT-x and openVZ/virtuozzo 7 CPU virtu technology

Jehan Procaccia jehan.procaccia at tem-tsp.eu
Tue Oct 4 02:39:20 PDT 2016

I am trying to install virtuozzo OS (3515) on a dell R610 model, it
warns at the very begining of the install process with
"environement not fully supported virtualization technology"
Although I did enable Virtualization in the bios !
is my CPU really uncompatible with virtuozzo 7 ?
If I want to run only Containers (CT) and no KVM on that host , will it
work anyway ?
by the way CT a based on which technology (openvz 6 legacy "cgroups" or
LXC, or something else ... ) ?

here is my CPU/hardware:

PowerEdge R610
*-cpu:0
           product: Xeon
           vendor: Intel Corp.
           physical id: 400
           bus info: cpu at 0
           version: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           E5540  @ 2.53GHz
           slot: CPU1
           size: 2533MHz
           capacity: 3600MHz
           width: 64 bits
           clock: 1565MHz
           capabilities: x86-64 fpu fpu_exception wp vme de pse tsc msr
pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx f
xsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx rdtscp constant_tsc arch_perfmon
pebs bts rep_good nopl xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf pni dtes64 monit
or ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr pdcm dca sse4_1 sse4_2 popcnt
lahf_lm ida dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid
           configuration: cores=4 enabledcores=4 threads=8
  *-cache:0
              physical id: 700
              size: 128KiB
              capacity: 128KiB