[Users] Docker inside OVZ 7 containers

jjs - mainphrame jjs at mainphrame.com
Sat May 28 11:35:55 PDT 2016

Thanks for the guidelines - I see some encouraging initial results
with docker inside a centos 7 CT:

[root at vz105 ~]# docker run hello-world
Unable to find image 'hello-world:latest' locally
Trying to pull repository docker.io/library/hello-world ... latest:
Pulling from library/hello-world

79112a2b2613: Pull complete
4c4abd6d4278: Pull complete
Digest: sha256:4f32210e234b4ad5cac92efacc0a3d602b02476c754f13d517e1ada048e5a8ba

Hello from Docker.
This message shows that your installation appears to be working correctly.

To generate this message, Docker took the following steps:
 1. The Docker client contacted the Docker daemon.
 2. The Docker daemon pulled the "hello-world" image from the Docker Hub.
 3. The Docker daemon created a new container from that image which runs the
    executable that produces the output you are currently reading.
 4. The Docker daemon streamed that output to the Docker client, which sent it
    to your terminal.

To try something more ambitious, you can run an Ubuntu container with:
 $ docker run -it ubuntu bash

Share images, automate workflows, and more with a free Docker Hub account:
 https://hub.docker.com

For more examples and ideas, visit:
 https://docs.docker.com/engine/userguide/

[root at vz105 ~]#