[Users] Create Ubuntu Environment

Pavel Vokhmyanin pvokhmyanin at virtuozzo.com
Fri Mar 18 03:15:10 PDT 2016

Hello Scott and Edrick,

Scott, vzpkg was discontinued in OpenVZ, however, Edrick has inquiry about VZ7 beta3. You are absolutely correct about prlctl, I just want to correct the vzpkg-related part.

Edrick, vzpkg is working perfectly fine in VZ7 beta3, you can give it a try and see that yourself. It's an utility used to manage EZ-templates for containers.
Although prlctl will do all the caching job for you, sometimes you might want to manage templates directly, and for these occasions you'll need vzpkg.
Basic operations you might want to perform someday:
1) listing templates
# vzpkg list
add "-O" to see only OS-templates (skip app-templates)
add "-c" to see only cached OS templates

2) updating cache
# vzpkg update cache <template-name>

3) installing a package/app template to a container
# vzpkg install CTID <apptemplate or a packagename>
add "-p" to install a package from repository instead of an application template(which is default behavior)

4) updating container with packages from repository
# vzpkg update CTID

You can find all of these and much more in "man vzpkg".

Best Regards,
--
Pavel Vokhmyanin
Virtualization Maintenance